As in the Night. As in Joan, bright and dark. The dark one. The blackness. The bleak house, the inky hole and the absence of light. Or the calm before the storm, the moment between the end and the beginning. A rocking. A swelling. A trembling. The nerve endings and where the muscle begins to twitch. I'm a witch. Am I a good witch or a bad witch? Either way, I'm dark. Dark and lovely. The night of the gondola, gliding around corners in blackest waters, stretching our necks to see the home of Marco Polo at midnight. The ink is black. The pages white. The dark is not empty. The dark contains me. The dark caresses me. I'm afraid of it. I have always been. I can't sleep without the light on, somewhere. Some light. Stars vortex into deep space. My deep sadness and fear vortex into dark night within.
There is still a part of me that is always on. The inner sun. The part of me I have forgotten for the most part. The light heart. The feather. Big heavy mama rolls around relishing the dark parts. I need a little love, a little memory of how it was. When the sun came up, when the light danced in my son's eyes and I saw it there.
Ok I took you up on it and went into the darkness five minutes. Here's what came out.....
ReplyDeleteDark.
Never knew I could get so dark. Never knew I really had it in me.
So much love and care. So much careful consideration can bring about so much misery sometimes.
Self sabotage. Self pity and frustration.
All to shine a light and reveal what needs to be transformed.
Growth.
It stems from darkness reaching toward light. I've been there often. Especially now, being a parent.
My God, the decisions!
The loving decisions to help her grow into the most empowered person she can be. Like taking away her pacie and breaking her heart into a million pieces.
Why did I wait so long? The guilt overwhelms me.
I buy toys.
I lay in her crib until she falls asleep, can't bear to let her suffer the loss alone.
After 2 days, she's fine.
But the darkness stays in my thoughts.
It's hard to shake how hurt she was.