Saturday, April 21, 2012
[muffin]
lovin'. big muffin mama. belly wide like a table. crumbly like an old book. jolly like a sack full o' jelly, belly. by living large i didn't mean huge. even post birth, post traumatic, post secret, post haste. waste of a waist. how does it taste? delicious. creamy. dream come true. nothing like it. muffin like it. some like a muffin hot out of the oven. some like it on top, with cheese. some like to be on the bottom, the receiving end of the line. how's that for a line? going from L to XL. excelling and yelling. rebel, rebel, i've torn my dress and my face is a mess and my muffin top is hot. it's spicy. it plays nice. it stays cold as ice. can i give you some advice? how about accept yourself, just the way you are? how about tune out the static of a million voices in your own head telling you you're not right, something's wrong, you're too big, you're too small, you need to expand, you need a contract. you need contact. and you're stacked. those odds, they are against you. if i said i had a beautiful body could i hold it against you? mom's milk dries up over time, the silk within the bulk and ilk without. undone pants. undone mind. relenting fiction. descending uterus, warm to the touch, cold for herbs. fiery and full, bloat float. let's just put the pancake right on the hip. i shoot off my mouth, from the hip. fat lip mommy. black eyed elisabeth, dark circles and no sleep. what's the solution? what's the salve? how far should i run? how many miles have i tread? when will this frozen shoulder thaw and then what? putting the muffin back, top rack. hot cross buns. eat your heart (and your muffin) out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Muffin muffin, whose got my muffin. Chomping gum, too much wine.. whiney kids and not enough time. Each day, i look out on the house, the things that need to be done and they swell and grow like the blob in that old movie....but I feel good, yet so misunderstood. Each day each hour each moment breath by breath...I keep it, create it, inflate it. My own life, my own self. Muffin muffin, women's bodies have been on my mind and their sense of self post-partum bodies...who likes hers? I didn't . I looked in the mirror and wondered who that was staring back at me. then I realized she was the goddess statue sitting on my altar...just so..just the same... And now, I like her and she is stronger and more flexible than before. And she can offer my 22-year old girl a few tips. And she burns burns burns at almost 40...on fire....hot for the world...hot for life....hot for her man. And here I am take me....cause I've done a lot of living and I have secrets in my heart that you can't even imagine. Each day, each hour each breath.....I shatter and quiver and feel. Come here, sweetie...I 'll teach you how to bake.
ReplyDelete