Friday, April 13, 2012

[stuff]

surrounded by. surroundsound. all around, stuff. the chair, the animal, the bird. things. stuff things. stuffed things. things n' stuff. force fed. a foot nailed to the floor, let's fatten this up. stuff it. stuff and fluff, the ingredients for clouds, dreams, conversations. thing. ring. around, form a circle. stuff it with a square. don't let them know how you really feel. don't know how you really feel. stuff it. stuff the bitter, the anger, the losing it mama. stuff your mouth full so you will just shut up. so you will not say it. so you won't scream it. so you won't tell it. bite your tongue. don't tell. keep it secret, stuff it till it bursts you open, apart. shove it down. keep a secret about stuff, keep cannon fodder, the anger of your love, pushing down on your vocal cords down into your gut where you will feel it, not heed it, feed it and not heal it. know it. in your gut, where it rolls around. where it pushes out with its elbow. where it grows and grows until it pops you open. all the stuff of mad woman in the attic, mad woman in the kitchen, mad woman picking the kids up at school, mad woman having half a conversation, an incompletel sentence, a life sentence, a little levity here, a few things but nothing to stuff or shove down the throat. just a cheese sandwich and an opinion, thanks. just a small childhood and a small childhood dream deferred with the dishes, please. just a dream, just stuff is all

2 comments:

  1. WOW. I hear ya. And here's five more minutes of stuff...randomly inspired by yours, with only five minutes till bath time is over and bedtime ritual begins. Stuff of parenthood, humility, wonder, responsibility. I am grown up now, with a 5 year old. She lost her first tooth. I am tooth fairy and Santa Claus and Christmas fairy and Easter bunny. Renewing, rebirthing. Dying and resurrecting. I am the energy of stars and nebulae, just like you. I am vast blue sky and deep, rich roots...in succulent green luscious plant world pulsing with life. I am deep sighing breath, deep sounding tone, singing, chanting, divine names, nama japa, walking/waking, on good days, best days. These days my life is a song and I sing while I cook, clean, task, drive kids to school and pick them up...these days you might hear a daughter jump into song, strumming guitar, laughter resounds, breeze blows, wildflowers grow. Mostly it is a magical world...yes, full of way too much stuff. I let it all go. flow. Minimize driving time, traffic, clutter, processed food and processed life. I maximize love, freedom, trust. I tap intuition, body wisdom, Earth wisdom. I trust in the Mystery. Was that 5 minutes? That's all I have. Thx. That was fun. Bless! G

    ReplyDelete