Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Snacks

We're heading to the zoo and it is law that when you go to the zoo, you better bring snacks. Ugh. Dirty zoo hands – inevitable – touching food, touching lips. I am so bad at packing snacks. I usually forget – rushing out the door, trying to find the keys, lugging all the stuff – and snacks just don't quite happen. My kid looks longingly at other kids' snacks until their mom (who didn't forget) offers some.

I had a friend who hated the word “snack.” It creeped her out, made her skin crawl. I would tease her by using the word way too often. She also hated “goopy.” Pairing the two – goopy snacks – was even better. Snacks are often goopy. Especially when those little zoo hands are touching them.

So here I am, writing instead of packing the snacks - attracted to the word and thoughts but not the doing. I'll do anything other than pack snacks. I mean, what do people even eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment